my first brown eggs

vboro farm girl

Chirping
Jun 18, 2015
Vanceboro NC
I went out and walked around my yard and I found a clutch of brown eggs all hid under a little nook there were 14 all together in one nest I don't know how old they are but we are going to have our first eggs in the morning I cant wait to taste them I just know they will be so yummy!!!

Also I have been getting a white egg almost everyday but I found the dingy looking one at the edge of the woods in some thorns so today I got two white eggs my first one Wednesday of last week they skipped a day and then I got three soft shell eggs and one good one and one every day since

Last edited:
Congrats on your eggs! They're pretty!

Make sure your pullets are getting calcium. Soft shelled and abnormal eggs are normal for pullets new to laying.

Awesome looking eggs. Must be exciting. What breed are the brown eggs coming from? I like their dark color

I'm not sure I found them all together while I was walking at the edge of my property. But I have 3 golden comets that have the bright red combs and wattle, and a few of my RIR are turning bright red. Maybe they are dark because I see my black copper maran rooster giving them heck ...lol. Yes, I was so happy we had eggs sausage and pancakes for dinner it was so good

Last edited:
I'm not sure I found them all together while I was walking at the edge of my property. But I have 3 golden comets that have the bright red combs and wattle, and a few of my RIR are turning bright red. Maybe they are dark because I see my black copper maran rooster giving them heck ...lol. Yes, I was so happy we had eggs sausage and pancakes for dinner it was so good
Ah okay, yeah the sex links tend to lay darker eggs. And it's cool that you have a marans rooster, I have some marans eggs in the incubator hoping to get a breeding trio out of them :)

Back
Top Bottom