My first chicken coop.

maybejoey

got chickenidous?
8 Years
Aug 3, 2011
HairyMan (towns nickname)
This link will take you to a picture of my first chicken coop. It was a dog house before but when we had to put our dogs down it became a chicken coop. It worked really good but we are expanding our flock to 15 chickens. Int eh winter we had planks to put over the chicken wire front to reduce air flow. Loved it. I think I am just going to add onto it instead of tear it down.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/102380_chickens_007.jpg

Looks like a great place for your chickens. Great use of something you already had.
thumbsup.gif

thumbsup.gif
looks good. we started out with a dog kennel, one of the super large plastic ones and the chickens liked sleeping in there so much they *never* use the coop we built them for anything more than laying eggs. I can't bring myself to get rid of it.

Hey, Great job...looks like your girls are happy. Just add on and get creative. They just need a safe, cozy enviroment. As far as the black.....love it. Not sure where ya at in US, but as a suggestion you could add some gold...maybe a big Fleur De Lis in gold and your girls can become Saints fans.
All kidding aside, looks great. good luck.
Erik

Back
Top Bottom