My first chickeny purchase!

Nov 7, 2021
Lyric's World
Decided to stop into TS for a look see. Lo and behold I controlled myself; no chicks left the store with us. Ok, then again I am still amassing stuff for their brooder. But boy were they cute. They had on hand Easter Eggers, Ameracauna's, and RIR's. Some were a week old. From speaking with the clerk I am now thinking not so bad to get them at 1 week vs. a couple of days.

I just HAD to get something so I opted for their waterer and feeder.

I'm a big girl now! A nice way to spend a Saturday afternoon. :clap

Attachments

• 1656189575933(1).jpg
    1656189575933(1).jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 1
Good luck with your upcoming flock! It's handy to have supplies ready for when you get the chicks. I've had good success with purchasing the slightly older chicks at my feed store, they are already a bit hardier at 1 week old and the early chick deaths from shipping stress have already happened by that point.

Decided to stop into TS for a look see. Lo and behold I controlled myself; no chicks left the store with us. Ok, then again I am still amassing stuff for their brooder. But boy were they cute. They had on hand Easter Eggers, Ameracauna's, and RIR's. Some were a week old. From speaking with the clerk I am now thinking not so bad to get them at 1 week vs. a couple of days.

I just HAD to get something so I opted for their waterer and feeder.

I'm a big girl now! A nice way to spend a Saturday afternoon. :clap
I have one of each of those myself. It is really hard to get the bottom (top-when filling) of the waterer to snap into place at first--it does get easier. Have you decided what you'll feed them?

Back
Top Bottom