my first chicks :UPDATE!!!!

ButtonquailGirl14

Crossing the Road
Jul 13, 2017
Northport WA
so, i have not been on for a while because i got a TERRIBLE FLU! i have had my chicks for 1 week! i am not totally sure on ages (they were from feed stores) but they are so cute! plus I NAMED THEM ALL!!! here are new pics and the updated list!

First up! Tango: Buff Orpington, looking to be a cock, very curious, the watchdog of the flock and defender of the weak! likes to cuddle and perch on my arm. (he seems to only really like me though:oops:) also the first to jump up and perch on the edge of the brooder! he is the easiest to take pics of!
DSC_0359.JPG DSC_0358.JPG DSC_0362 (1).JPG
next up: Dixie! a sassy little buff orpington pullet (looking to be) with MAJOR attitude! she cleans herself ALL THE TIME and hates to be held! she also tries VERY hard to get attention from Tango!
REALLY HARD TO GET PICS OF!
DSC_0369.JPG
now the smallest buff orp. Peaches! looking to be pullet! likes to cuddle, very shy, Tango protects her like a Hawk, she has a small injury from the place i got her (she had extreme pasty butt) and is a little camera shy!
DSC_0368.JPG
now let's do Aspen! a little Barred rock pullet! biggest BR, Super sweet and calm, big beautiful eyes and such personality! always caring for the smaller chicks! loves to per on you and cuddle, LOVES THE OUTDOORS! loves the camera too!
DSC_0354 (1).JPG DSC_0355.JPG
next is Oakley! a mid sized barred rock pullet that likes me and LOVES my little sis! loves to make trouble too! (i guess that is why her and my sis get along so well!)
DSC_0357.JPG
now is Juniper! a tiny little barred rock pullet that is kinda shy but Loves to cuddle! loves my silkie and HATES THE CAMERA! NOT! LOL!
DSC_0370 (1).JPG
this is Hazelnut! a cute Ameraucana chick that hates to be touched but LOVES attention! also loves treats! she/he is pretty good sized too! NOT CAMERA SHY!
IMG_1986.JPG DSC_0353 (1).JPG IMG_1985.JPG
and the smallest Ameraucana chick!: Nutmeg. LOVES to be with hazelnut. not to found of me, LOVES mealworms, likes to make trouble and LOVES to escape!
IMG_1992.JPG DSC_0366.JPG
And last but not least(well in size he is!) Peanut! my little BUGGER! he is a white silkie bantam! he LOVES TO MAKE TROUBLE! hates to be away from flock, wont even touch treats from my hand like to SCREAM in the middle of the night in my room! start fights and be Cute! hates the camera but somehow he is still SO CUTE! (he/she)
peanut!.JPG DSC_0372 (1).JPG DSC_0373 (1).JPG DSC_0374 (1).JPG Thanks! ~Lucy~

you should have seen me before i got mine. all i could think about was how EVERYONE else on BYC get chickens! LOL! i was so patiently await that trip to town!

I’m so lucky I have a broody hen to sit in them. When I try doing them myself with an incubator. I just can’t stop candling them, it’s a stressful time. Good luck with yours
:thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom