My first chicks!

BR75

In the Brooder
9 Years
Dec 12, 2010
I ordered 13 barred rock chicks from Ideal Poultry. They shipped on Monday and the post office called me at 6:30 this moring to let me know they had arrived.
wee.gif
I had 12 in the box and one was doa. I chose not to have the extra males added for warmth and with these temps, they seem to be pretty happy and healthy.

1229101.jpg

I guess these are checking to see if the temp is just right!
yippiechickie.gif

1229102.jpg

Congats on your new fuzzie butts!
cancan.gif

I love my Barred Rock as she is so curious and friendly as well as a fantastic layer--she started to lay in September (she is now 8 1/2 months) and has given us 6 eggs a week since!
Take lots of pictures as they grow sooo fast.
photosmile.gif

Congrats on your new babies! Adorable.
clap.gif

I agree, BRs are wonderful and bossy. I have 10 of the little sassy monsters and I LOVE them.

Quote:
don't mean to interrupt this thread, but where do you get the different/cute similies?
oh, and BTW, the chicks are adorable!!!! i love BR!

How exciting! My chicks hatch date isn't until Feb 23rd, then I pick them up personally. Out of ten chicks ordered, two will be Barred Rock. I can't hardly wait. Congratulations!
celebrate.gif

We would also like to start raising chickens. How do I find out the laws for my area, Waynesville, Ohio, Warren County? I checked the chikenlore, but our town and county are not listed.

we got six barred rock from a hatchery in iowa there are so fun and lay quite a bit of eggs. we are getting are new chicks i april can't wait
ya.gif
woot.gif
(welcom to byc
welcome-byc.gif
)

Back
Top Bottom