TSC Polish Chick Delivery

duckncover

Duck Obsessed
15 Years
Jan 17, 2009
North Eastern PA
I ordered 10 chicks off of TSC from Hoover Hatchery on September 1st and they were shipped out on the 6th. USPS says they won't be here until Saturday but I was holding out hope that they'd arrive this morning. There's a bit of a heat wave going on here in North Eastern PA so I'm pretty concerned. The lady I spoke to at Hoover's said it could be Friday so I'm still hoping for a call. Is there anything I should do special for shipped chicks? I ordered all "pullets" so I will let everyone know how that goes lol. I just hope I don't get a box that is DOA as I'm really excited about this and finding polish chicks has been so difficult. Thank you everyone I will keep this updated. USPS informed delivery updates in a few minutes around 7:15am

It has said this since around midnight on the 7th. I was hoping for a location update but none thus far.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230908-071040.png
    Screenshot_20230908-071040.png
    221.9 KB · Views: 9
It appears that I can't reach the post office before 9am by phone. My informed delivery offers no update so I'm assuming that they will arrive on Saturday. I'm just hoping that isn't too long in transit.

I did manage to get a hold of the post office around 8am and they said nothing is here today and they'll call me around 6am tomorrow when they get the box. TSC texted me to say they'll be here tomorrow. USPS still has not updated to say anything besides in transit to next facility. I'm really hoping that Saturday morning isn't too long for them. I have everything set up, heated and ready.

Okay I so I got a tracking update that the chicks are now in my area so I am going to head up to the post office for about 5:30am to wait. The man I spoke to yesterday morning said 6am. Fingers crossed that these poor babies are alive and peeping when I get my hands on that box! I'm so excited but very concerned about it taking 3 days instead of 2.

Okay I so I got a tracking update that the chicks are now in my area so I am going to head up to the post office for about 5:30am to wait. The man I spoke to yesterday morning said 6am. Fingers crossed that these poor babies are alive and peeping when I get my hands on that box! I'm so excited but very concerned about it taking 3 days instead of 2.
Take electrolytes and an eyedropper with you.
I ordered a dozen bantams a few years ago and the Post Office "lost" the package in an overcrowded, understaffed warehouse for three days. THREE DAYS ... in a horrible heat wave! When I finally got the call, I headed out armed with electrolytes, an eyedropper. and a couple of small towels. I opened that box right there on the lobby floor and dosed those babies right away. I'm glad I did, too, or I would have lost more than just the two that died in transit. I'm also glad because I made a couple of new friends of the office staff.
Good Luck!

Thank you for the advice that sounds like a great idea. I'm also bringing a hot compress to stick near the box while I drive home. It's only a 6 minute drive.

Oh my goodness what a relief! All 10 are here and seem to be stable. It took a lot of courage to knock on the back door to the post office at 6am but I'm happy I did because they are all good now! The guy in charge said he was afraid to call at 6am lol so no harm done. I'm so happy! I wonder what colors I have here!

Attachments

• PXL_20230909_102804575.jpg
    PXL_20230909_102804575.jpg
    628.5 KB · Views: 8

Back
Top Bottom