My First Coop

The coop finally is coming out! Now I can finish it. Yeeha! By the way, the chickens are inside, enjoying their ride as I pull their home to it's hopefully, final spot.
IMG_4037.jpg

Heres one. I'll post more later. Sorry, It started to rain so I need to cover the roof. I haven't shingled it yet. They are 4 weeks old. The two at right are New Hamshire Reds. The middle one is a Buff Orpington. At left is an Australorp. Behind them are some Barred Rocks. I'll take some more pics later today.
IMG_4040.jpg

Hey Wolf, thanks. Thats my next project after I get the coop finished. (roofed, painted, trimmed etc). Not exactly a flight pen, but I do need a pen/run. Not to mention I will need a top also. After going out this morning to check on the chicks, I turned back to see an ominous shadow in the tree nearby. A hawk! It was too early to see what kind it was. My guess is a Coopers hawk. I have a nesting pair in the woods out back. Aint that just great!
roll.png

Hey edbama, what are you going to house your huge flock in?
tongue.png

I say,I say, Foghorn nice job
big_smile.png
cute babies
love.gif

A little OT, but Foghorn Leghorn is my fav ! The cartoons with Miss Prissy are the best !
D.gif

Have a good one,Miriam

Awesome job, Foghorn! And what beauties you have! Thanks for the pics...makes my tired, aching muscles want to go work on my coop some more.
big_smile.png

I will probably dedicate a third of my pole barn to the coop. I am building sections now. That would give them about a 2 car parking spot size wise.Think Big LOL!
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom