My first DIY incubator

ducksinwashington

In the Brooder
Mar 2, 2024
IMG_4911.jpeg
Came across this wine fridge at Habitat for Humanity and turned it into an incubator. I had gotten a bunch of goose eggs at auction on Saturday so I was in a hurry to get them in.

Still planning on building trays for them but pretty convenient they fit in the wine racks!

Have you tested to see how well it maintains temperature??? What is your heat source??? Do you have a circulating fan to keep temp uniform thru-out
The problem with such a large door being opened to turn eggs,,,,, you loose much warmth in the process.

WISHING YOU BEST IN YOUR HATCH.,,,,,, :welcome

Have you tested to see how well it maintains temperature??? What is your heat source??? Do you have a circulating fan to keep temp uniform thru-out
The problem with such a large door being opened to turn eggs,,,,, you loose much warmth in the process.

WISHING YOU BEST IN YOUR HATCH.,,,,,, :welcome
It does take longer than I would like to get back to temp after turning. Planning to put automatic turners in it but they wouldn’t work for the goose eggs anyway.

Besides opening for turning 3 times a day it maintains temp perfectly.

I’m using a fan heating unit I bought on Amazon so it heats and circulates from the same spot. Haven’t found a cold spot yet.

Back
Top Bottom