My first egg!

Quote:
Well I am not going to tell you that i called just about everyone I knew
lau.gif
I even emailed it to my family. 2 of my girls are laying now I cleaned the coop out today and after that I decided to set in the coop with them and two of my girls just in the nesting box! So I left the coop so they can lay in some peace and quiet I came back about an hour later and had 2 eggs this is so great!
yippiechickie.gif

ep.gif
I am totally jealous!!! But I am also Very glad for you!! Now your girls can Each gather an egg.
wink.png
I know how that can be when it comes to sharing something new and egg-citing.
wee.gif
Have fun gathering those eggs!!! When will you eat your first taste of those home grown eggs? We will eat ours when we have enough for us all to have a good taste. Which ought to be any day now.

i am going to eat my first egg when we have enough for everyone to eat one! my DD couldn't wait she ate the one she is holding when i was at work! i came home and she "says daddy i ate the egg and it was good"!
lau.gif

Congrats to you, I had my first egg yesterday as well. It was a bitter sweet moment as she was the only surviver of the mass murder the neighbors dog commited on the 27 the of July. They were 11 weeks old, she is 25 weeks old now. Got another one today.

We will be cooking them up on Sunday. Cheesey scrambled eggs. It will be a real experiance as I am having shoulder surgery Thursday and my 16 year old son will be leaning how to cook at the same time LOL. Fun days.

Zookeeper9000

Congrats to you, getting your first egg it is so exciting! when i first started this project i wasn't sure if it was going to be worth it! but after the first egg........ boy was it worth it
wee.gif

My mom could not wait for the first egg! My sister and I put store eggs in the nest boxes to trick her. Then one day when I was down at the coop I found a egg! I was so excited! Just wait, more and more eggs will come! One loving Mom and Dad, one little sister, one kind Grandpa, and one giant yellow lab!
big_smile.png

OH! Congratulations! It *IS* exciting. My boys found our first one and I thought I was going to have to smack him on the back so he'd remember to breathe!!!
big_smile.png

That looks like a HUGE first egg!
Our first egg is the one in my AV.

Quote:
That is sooo wrong but funny
lau.gif
I went to my neighbors house ( he is the one helping me with the hole hands on stuff) and showed him my first egg and laugh at me cause I was taking pictures of it. He said he thought about putting 50 eggs in the coop
ep.gif
just to see what I would say. I told him that it wouldn't be very funny!!! lol
ep.gif
He has alot of chickens!

Back
Top Bottom