1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My first egg!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by 4luvofchickens, Sep 17, 2010.

1. 4luvofchickens

4luvofchickens Out Of The Brooder

Jul 29, 2010
    Northern NY
    I didn't think my barred rocks were ever going to lay an egg since they are about 23 weeks old and the weather is turning cold. Well I went out to refill the feeder the day before yesterday and my smallest girl was in the nesting box rooting around. I got excited! She went up there twice that day and sat for 30+ minutes...still no egg. Yesterday I sent my son out with some lettuce for the girls. He decided to check the box while he was there and came running inside with our very first egg! It was small but perfect with a nice hard shell. The long wait is finally over with one of the girls anyway.[​IMG]

2. Wheels

Wheels Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2010
    Milledgeville GA.
    [​IMG] Congrats on your 1st egg. Got mines last week. I was happy too. I got sixteen more since then.

3. Rockin' Reds

Rockin' Reds Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2010
    Penrose, Colorado
    Congrats!!! Nothing like that "first egg" feeling!! [​IMG]

4. annaraven

annaraven Born this way

Apr 15, 2010
    SillyCon Valley
    Woohoo! Congrats.

Still waiting for my first...

5. 4luvofchickens

4luvofchickens Out Of The Brooder

Jul 29, 2010
    Northern NY
    Thanks all! I knew everyone here would understand. My husband says it's like finding a treasure in the chicken coop:)

6. potterchic

potterchic New Egg

Apr 26, 2010
    Congradulations we got our first this morning also. My daughter was in tears she was so excited:lol:

7. GermanChick

GermanChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2010
    NW Missouri
    Love those first eggs !!!!!!! [​IMG]

8. HHandbasket

HHandbasket The Chickeneer

How fun! I got my first egg Wednesday... 2nd egg Thursday... she's out there in the nesting box now & it looks like we're getting 3 for 3. Go Felipa! Lay mama another egg!

9. 4 luv of eggs

4 luv of eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Congratulations! [​IMG] My Australorp will sit on a nest like she's taking up perminent residency. She's the only one that uses the top box and she'll sit for an hour after she lays.

10. BayouPoules

BayouPoules Chillin' With My Peeps

Congratulations! We are doing the First Egg chicken Dance for ya'll here this morning!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by