My First Egg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Momto3

Chirping
8 Years
Mar 1, 2011
Northern Idaho
Oh my gosh I am SO excited! I seriously cant stop looking at it. It is almost too cute to eat. Now I did say almost. lol I am not 100% sure who laid it, but I suspect it is my more mature red sex link. How do you tell which hen laid the mornings eggs? Oh yah they are 20wks tomorrow. It was like it was Christmas time when I saw it. Now I cant wait to go to bed and go out in the morning an see if there is another 1 or 2 or more. hehe I am addicted. Sorry the picture is so small, took it with my cell phone.

firstegg.jpg

Cool
big_smile.png
If you have sex links they will lay almost every day! Mine did SO well for the longest time. I sold them at age 2 and they STILL laid almost an egg a day for the year following for her new owner
big_smile.png
VERY good egg laying machines for sure. Congrats on your new eggs
big_smile.png
I'm sure you will have another tomorrow. Watch for the HUGE or shell less ones. They tend to lay those a lot when they first start to lay. I remember my first shell less one. I just grabbed it thinking it had a shell and I was so freaked out that I dropped it on the ground because it felt funny LOL.

Awesome!! I've kept poultry my whole life, and it still makes me smile everytime i walk outside and see what my girls have been working on. CONGRATS!!!

That is so awesome! We were like that when we found our first live chick!
celebrate.gif
So many before him were born dead or shortly after. Good luck with your chickens and your eggs:thumbsup
Quote:

Back
Top Bottom