My First Egg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Momto3, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Momto3

Momto3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2011
    Northern Idaho
    Oh my gosh I am SO excited! I seriously cant stop looking at it. It is almost too cute to eat. Now I did say almost. lol I am not 100% sure who laid it, but I suspect it is my more mature red sex link. How do you tell which hen laid the mornings eggs? Oh yah they are 20wks tomorrow. It was like it was Christmas time when I saw it. Now I cant wait to go to bed and go out in the morning an see if there is another 1 or 2 or more. hehe I am addicted. Sorry the picture is so small, took it with my cell phone.

[​IMG]

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Congrats!

I got 8 today... best day in months.... 3 Ameraucanas, 3 Marans and 2 Icelandics.

3. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Cool [​IMG] If you have sex links they will lay almost every day! Mine did SO well for the longest time. I sold them at age 2 and they STILL laid almost an egg a day for the year following for her new owner [​IMG] VERY good egg laying machines for sure. Congrats on your new eggs [​IMG] I'm sure you will have another tomorrow. Watch for the HUGE or shell less ones. They tend to lay those a lot when they first start to lay. I remember my first shell less one. I just grabbed it thinking it had a shell and I was so freaked out that I dropped it on the ground because it felt funny LOL.

4. hcppam

hcppam Chillin' With My Peeps

Cool how fun is that, I cant wait for mine. [​IMG]

5. gregnuttle

gregnuttle Out Of The Brooder

May 30, 2011
    Reno, NV
    Congratulations! I'm eagerly anticipating my first eggs sometime soon.

6. livisdad

livisdad Out Of The Brooder

Jul 24, 2011
    central fl
    Awesome!! I've kept poultry my whole life, and it still makes me smile everytime i walk outside and see what my girls have been working on. CONGRATS!!!

7. blefky

blefky life in the yard

Mar 18, 2010
    stamford, ct
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. savingpurple

savingpurple Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2011
    NW Ohio
    How exciting !!!! Hope you get more soon !!!

9. ssellis

ssellis Out Of The Brooder

Jun 11, 2011
    South Carolina
    I check 3 times a day since I have 6 hens right now getting 3 a day

10. livisdad

livisdad Out Of The Brooder

Jul 24, 2011
    central fl
    That is so awesome! We were like that when we found our first live chick![​IMG] So many before him were born dead or shortly after. Good luck with your chickens and your eggs:thumbsup
    Quote:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by