MY FIRST EGGS--FINALLY!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by simba49450, Oct 13, 2008.

1. simba49450

simba49450 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Michigan
    my 3 buff orp girls finally laid thier first eggs! and the girls laid thier first eggs a day apart. im so happy and excited. they are 6 mon and 2 weeks old. so far all have been grade A quality. and thier shells are nice and firm, and with no oyster shell, just plain grit, i dont have to worry about soft shells etc. and i know that oyster shell in not in thier feed so i have no worries here, im so EXCITED!!!![​IMG]

2. M@M@2four

[email protected]@2four Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    USA
    YAY!!!! [​IMG] I love my buff orps! I have a standard pair and a buff pair!!! They are the sweetest birds!!! [​IMG] Are you planning on eating the eggs or incubating?

3. simba49450

May 23, 2008
    Michigan
    eating eggs and giving some to friends for what we dont eat, we dont eat a lot of eggs. my little "guard dogs" are pets only. im also getting 2 easter eggers in the spring. also i think it will be hard to incubate when they dont have a man around to keep them company lol:D

4. M@M@2four

[email protected]@2four Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    USA
    Quote:Oh! lol That would be a bit tricky and a hair impossible without a roo! [​IMG]

5. simba49450

May 23, 2008
    Michigan
    since i will only have 5 hens total when im done i dont need a roo to ride them like the penny pony at meijers and make them bald. all i do now is pat thier back firmly and tell them good girls and they are fine and walk away. either way it will be the closest thing to a hen getting violated as they will ever have [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by