My first eggs!

Amret1989

Songster
Apr 15, 2020
I finally got my first egg from my chicken 3 days ago! It was absolutely amazing! She has laid an egg a day since. I was actually able to witness her laying today and she did so in the nesting box! She is a golden Wyandotte. I have 9 more girls that have yet to lay. 2 are silkies and I know they aren’t expected to lay until about 7 months to a year. They are all about 6-6 1/2 months. They’ve been checking out the nesting boxes as well and they were right there when she laid her last egg today (it was later at about 5 pm). The others are astrolorp, eggers, and French copper maran. I’m excited for my variety! Will the others follow soon? Does the first one to lay the egg in the flock sort of motivate egg production in the rest?

Attachments

• 5DEC1CE0-F285-4AFF-9EF6-1BD68BE8A377.jpeg
    5DEC1CE0-F285-4AFF-9EF6-1BD68BE8A377.jpeg
    189.6 KB · Views: 12
I finally got my first egg from my chicken 3 days ago! It was absolutely amazing! She has laid an egg a day since. I was actually able to witness her laying today and she did so in the nesting box! She is a golden Wyandotte. I have 9 more girls that have yet to lay. 2 are silkies and I know they aren’t expected to lay until about 7 months to a year. They are all about 6-6 1/2 months. They’ve been checking out the nesting boxes as well and they were right there when she laid her last egg today (it was later at about 5 pm). The others are astrolorp, eggers, and French copper maran. I’m excited for my variety! Will the others follow soon? Does the first one to lay the egg in the flock sort of motivate egg production in the rest?
Congratulations on your first eggs! You’re going to have a nice mix of colors when they all start laying!😊

They will all lay at different times depending on the breed and individual readiness. But I do believe having one laying helps get the other ones going!😊

They will all lay at different times depending on the breed and individual readiness. But I do believe having one laying helps get the other ones going!😊
It’s so exciting! I’m just glad they were checking her out in the nest box... the first 2 she laid we just on the ground 😂 I think she likes the box better!

That is so lovely. Does she do an egg song? My daughter's Bantam Easter Eggers sing a proud cluck-cluck-clucking happy song when they lay their eggs. Haha.

That is so lovely. Does she do an egg song? My daughter's Bantam Easter Eggers sing a proud cluck-cluck-clucking happy song when they lay their eggs. Haha.
Yes!!! She jumped out the box and I wasn’t expecting her to have laid, since it was so far in the afternoon... then she started being loud! I was like, ‘oh, there’s an EGGG!’ That’s what they do! And I heard a ‘plunk’ but didn’t think it was an egg 😂 but surely enough, she left on right there! I had been watching her for like an hour Bc she was checking out the boxes so hard!

Yes!!! She jumped out the box and I wasn’t expecting her to have laid, since it was so far in the afternoon... then she started being loud! I was like, ‘oh, there’s an EGGG!’ That’s what they do! And I heard a ‘plunk’ but didn’t think it was an egg 😂 but surely enough, she left on right there! I had been watching her for like an hour Bc she was checking out the boxes so hard!
Haha, that is SO wonderful. Chickens are the sweetest things. Hahaha, 'plunk.' That sounds adorable. Soon you will have many more each day! 🐔💖

I guess my question has been answered. 🙌🏼 yay for chick number 2 laying! Haven’t ID’d her yet, but will be stalking later today and see what I can find out! 🥰❤ Anyone have a guess to what breed May of laid the darker egg?

Attachments

• 63CBC484-5634-4758-8B8B-55ED81FBC9FF.jpeg
    63CBC484-5634-4758-8B8B-55ED81FBC9FF.jpeg
    233.5 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom