My first Eggs

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by kschicks2013, Sep 10, 2013.

1. kschicks2013

kschicks2013 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2012
    Fernley, Nevada
    I recently bought 6 pullets (born in March/April) 3 Buff Rocks and 3 Iowa Blues. One of the Iowa Blues started laying almost immediately (3 eggs) and today I found 3 additional eggs in the nest box this time. I'm thinking two others are laying now.
    [​IMG]

2. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Congrats on your first half dozen eggs! Sounds like your girls are getting up to speed nicely and you will soon be over run with eggs. Neat that you have Iowa Blues, do you know where yours came from? How do you like them? They are on my list of breeds to try next year from Sand Hill hopefully.

3. kschicks2013

kschicks2013 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2012
    Fernley, Nevada
    Hi, I bought them from a woman in Reno Nevada......She has different varieties of chickens......I bought 3 Iowa blues and 3 Buff Rocks. The Iowa blues started laying eggs first. I don't think the Buff Rocks have laid eggs yet. I wouldn't have known which laid first but I was watching them and noticed the Iowa was laying in a corner of the coop and when she stood up there was an egg.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by