My First ever Coop building Project

LSU2001

In the Brooder
11 Years
Aug 7, 2008
Cut Off Louisiana
Ok Guys and Gals,

Here are the pics of my first ever building project. Thanks to everyone here who offered advice and esp. to those who posted pics of their coop and run designs.
Response/criticism welcomed.
Tim

CoopPicsonthumbdrive001.jpg

CoopPicsonthumbdrive002.jpg

CoopPicsonthumbdrive004.jpg

CoopPicsonthumbdrive005.jpg

CoopPicsonthumbdrive006.jpg

CoopPicsonthumbdrive007.jpg

Looks good!

I can't help but notice you only have a human door though
smile.png
Any plans on letting the birds use the fenced in run? (Sorry it's early in the morning here, apparently I am more awake than I'd like).

When you install a bird door, don't make my mistake and double duty the door as a ramp. The refuse will stick to it and make it near impossible to close. It's -15C here right now and let me tell you, that stuff is like a rock. I can't chip it off!

Tom

Yes I plan to put a door and a separate ramp. I haven't cut it out yet because I will be brooding my new chicks in the coop (with heat of course.) It is the coldest day of the year here this morning (Dec. 22) 34F with plenty of wind. The high tomorrow is forecast to be 66 and 79 on Wed. I just am not ready to cut the door but will be letting the chicks out after about two weeks. They are scheduled to ship on Dec. 29 so I should get them around the 1-2 of Jan.
Tim

You wanna swap locations? I had to blow snow 3 times in the last 4 days!

Good luck with the chickies.

LOL,

Its good now, but come summer the 98F days with 100% humidity can be a bit trying. When it only drops to a chilly 82-83 at night and the mosquitos fly up and each grab an arm and then decide whether to eat you on the spot or carry you off it gets quite miserable.

However, I can take the heat much better than the cold.
Tim

Nevermind then! I'll stick with my balmy -20C tonight :)

But hey, on a positive note;- you can train your chickens to be mosquito eating kind.. Save you on feed!
wink.png

It looks great! where did you find the green netting you have on top? I have been looking everywhere for netting for the top of our new coop---have to have it because we have beaucoup hawks in our area!

Back
Top Bottom