My first Hatch-a-long!!!!! (And first hatch!)

Here are my eggs I have collected and gotten from a friend. My Dragonfly Farm eggs are supposed to be here tomorrow!!!! Crossing my fingers and praying they arrive safely and quickly!! I’m super excited to see what breeds I got! :)

Egg 1- Rhode Island Red or Olive Egger View attachment 2841890
Egg 2- Rhode Island Red or Olive Egger

View attachment 2841895
Egg 3- Easter Egger or Olive Egger
View attachment 2841896
Egg 4- Silkie!
View attachment 2841897
Egg 5- Silkie
View attachment 2841893
Egg 8- SilkieView attachment 2841894

Please ignore that the numbers go from 5 to 8. It’s just how Im going to have the eggs in the incubator. And question, do all of these eggs look good? I’ve have canceled them and marked the air cell after they sat for at least a few hours.

My incubator was set up last night and it is the perfect temp and humidity, according to the incubator. (99.6 degrees and 50% humidity) It’s also turning the (currently empty) egg turners every hour. Is this good? I’ve heard everything from every 45 minutes to 5-6 times a day. :)
So excited!! Such fun breeds!😁 I have heard 3-4 times a day but I have never personally done an incubator project! I assume there isn’t anything wrong with doing it more times. I think it’s that you want to turn them at least that many times? So anything above that many times is fine I would think.😉 Can’t wait!!☺️

The last 2 pictures that are just attachments are eggs that I’m debating putting in the incubator or not.
Do the eggs need to be pointy side down in the incubator as well, or does it not matter?
The must be placed either pointed down or lying flat.It’s a must.And I can’t wait to see ur chicks!Count me in the journey!

Eggs are set!!! Day 1 is tomorrow! I’m super excited! I think I’m going to candle on day 4 just to see what I can see then on day 8,10,14, and 18. Sound good? Temp is at 99.5-99.6 and humidity is at 48-50%. I have 2 thermometers and both are just a bit of of the other one. Hopefully I get a good hatch rate considering the eggs were shipped. I’ll list the breeds I received in a minute. :)

Back
Top Bottom