My first Hatch-a-long!!! Only one egg brooding under pigeon :D Oct, 2023

Sequoia Raven Bird Farms

Sing the song of your soul 🎶 ✨️
Sep 8, 2023
Hello, I'm S. Raven!! I had one banty polish egg, and thought it would be funny if I put it under my broody pigeon..... Well it was!!! This egg is very warm right now and tis pigeon who was starving to be a mom was ecstatic that "her" egg had life! She doesn't have a male pigeon counterpart wit her, she is married to a human. She thinks that her husband breeds her, but humans and pigeons cant do that lol! So she's been wanting babies, and sitting on eggs for 1 1/2 years or so, & does come out to have a bath and eat scrambled eggs, and hang out with her husband. She's healthy, and she REALLY WANTS babies!! So I gave her this egg on October 1st, and she's IN LOVE! :frow :thumbsup:love:love:pop:weeI'm exited for her, and she was doing very well.... until she decided it was mating season ( which happens once a month) and wanted to be "bred" by her "human" (doesn't actually, no weird stuff here)! So she left the nest (like she does every once in a while, then lays a new batch of eggs), but this time the egg was fertilized with a bantam chicken! So, I then asked franticly the friendly people of BYC if a=one lone egg may incubate alllllll by it's self, and YES this baby may!!
The egg is now in my incubator ("triocottage") & it is going very well!
Wish me luck!
Have pictures if wanted :D

Attachments

• SAP_0666 (1).JPG
    SAP_0666 (1).JPG
    245.7 KB · Views: 24

Back
Top Bottom