My first hatch!!! Baby silkies!! 75%hatched... YIPPY! PICS!

Spunky~Chick~Mom

Chicken Crazed!
10 Years
May 7, 2009
Mississippi Delta
Here are 3 of my first hatch.. Silkies that i bought byc member.
wee.gif

30664_p6210065.jpg

Another pic of them... one has a little dried blood on it... this baby had a hard time hatching! But seems fine!
celebrate.gif

30664_p6210068.jpg

All 4 of them!!!! I am so excited!!
lol.png

30664_p6210064.jpg

This little one has a mis-shaped head. But is acting like nothing is wrong. I am just going to watch it carefully.
hmm.png

30664_p6210067.jpg

I started out with 6 eggs from jenlynn4 and now i got me 4 new fuzzy butts!! 1 partridge, 1 cuckoo, 1 bbsplash and 1 buff!!!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif
celebrate.gif
love.gif

Last edited:
Thanks!!! I can't believe that i have spent all my life without chickens! Ha ha! I am glad my co workers encouraged me to try it out! (Cause I thought they were crazy!)

I'm on bator watch now. Only 6 more days til mine should hatch. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the two I see veins in actually hatch!
fl.gif
I can't wait to see my babies! Yours are adorable. I love Silkies!

Quote:
Really?!? I don't mean to sound dumb, but I am when it comes to silkies.
hmm.png

It is a mass not fuzz. the others dont have that. and my one that is 10 week doesn't either.

Quote:
Thank you . You got silkies in also??? I will be sending you good hatch vibes!!!

I have salmon favs and welsummers going in this weekend.... Plus a hatchery order coming next week.

Spunky~Chick~Mom :

Quote:
hmm.png

It is a mass not fuzz. the others dont have that. and my one that is 10 week doesn't either.

LOL, Silkies have a vault or opening in their skull. Real nice Vaults normally produce good Topknots. But it does cause some problems if they really wack their head, but this is a Silkie thing. So as Silkies go, that one is one of the more desired types.
big_smile.png
You will get ones with big ones or hardly any at all when you hatch eggs, it just depends on the parents and genetics.​

Last edited:
Quote:
hmm.png

LOL, Silkies have a vault or opening in their skull. Real nice Vaults normally produce good Topknots. But it does cause some problems if they really wack their head, but this is a Silkie thing. So as Silkies go, that one is one of the more desired types.
big_smile.png
You will get ones with big ones or hardly any at all when you hatch eggs, it just depends on the parents and genetics.

ok chickenzoo... you rock!!!

I was kinda concerned.... thanks!!

I believe it is the cuckoo colored one that has it!

I get smarter and smarter everyday thanks to you byc peps!!!

Back
Top Bottom