pattgal

Songster
9 Years
Apr 20, 2010
New Brunswick, Canada
I just got my incubator, it's the Genesis 1588 hovabator
I have questions,
roll.png

so for the temperature, is the temperature right when the light is blinking or when it stops blinking. I imagine it will go through the cycle every-time I turn my eggs since I wont have a turner for a while
the water: I can't tell when its low looking straight down at it, I'm supposed to add in the center but I'm afraid to accidentally water the eggs
How long should I have the cover off to turn the eggs and add water
Is that it? just set it, turn the eggs 3 times a day and add water every other day?

I know these are really basic questions, I'm just surprised the instruction page didn't have any elaborate lengthy instructions

Iv'e got it running just for the heck of it, no eggs. It will take me 2 days to collect enough eggs to hatch, is that ok? How long is too long for an egg to wait
Sorry too many questions.....
roll.png

Im not sure about youf first questions. I dont hae that incubator and this is my first incubation to so i am still learning as well. But i do know your eggs will be just fine. Eggs can last a week before they go into the bator. Evn longer, but after a week their fertility goes way down.
smile.png

You can keep the top off of the incubator for about 15-20 minutes

before the eggs actually start cooling down. You can collect eggs for

one week ~ 7-10 days. If you keep them longer than that, their chance

of hatching rapidly decreases. Be sure you store them right - Pointy end

facing down, and turn them everyday - even when storing them.

Good luck!

~Scissor

Back
Top Bottom