My first hatch!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by AilsVonHelson, Sep 29, 2009.

1. AilsVonHelson

AilsVonHelson Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2008
    Orlando, FL.
    YAY! I put in a barred cochin eggs into our FFA chapter's incubator, and to my surprise this morning, the chick hatched a day early!

sadly, she fell off one level of the incubator on to another, but seems to be okay... But one of it's legs is kinda stiff and pointing outward, i checked the joint and felt around the area. No breaks or fractures...

I saw her stand a few times too! Hopefully it's just a case of wobbly newly-hatched feet. [​IMG]

pics soon!

2. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    do a search on spraddle leg... I think you may be able to use bandaids and such to right it's leg so it's got a better chance of being fixed and being able to walk better.

It's neat to hatch your own isn't it? Congrats.

3. AilsVonHelson

Nov 2, 2008
    Orlando, FL.
    I did a search o nspraddle leg and that looks really similar to what it has, but i saw it make attempts to stand, once i go to school tomorrow i'll see if it's any better, if not, then band-aid ahoy!

4. AilsVonHelson

Nov 2, 2008
    Orlando, FL.
    Pictures!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry for poor quality, they were taking with excited, shaky hands with a camera phone.!

5. chixie

chixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    cute

6. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Cool! It sure is fun to hatch chicks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by