My First Hatch!

Kimarie411

Chirping
5 Years
Mar 20, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
We have 2 mix ducks. We love them very much. We decided to hatch 2 eggs. My 3 y/o managed to get a hold of one egg and damage it. The chick has now internally pipped. Hasn't made any progress. It's about 48 hours internally pipped now. The other egg hatched this morning! We are over the moon excited. We named this little one Petrie. She was internally pipped for about 12 hours before she externally pipped. Stayed externally pipped for about 24 hours then it was MAYBE 30 minutes from zip to hatch. I'm worried about the other one. The shell has been damaged for about a week now and it has made it to internal pipping. I hope it can pull through. I'd hate to lose it so close to the end.
fl.gif

Here is Petrie climbing out of her shell.
love.gif

I bought same little incubator but failed on 6 attempts to hatch out ducklings. .....congrats

Thanks. Honestly when I saw it I didn't think we'd get any to hatch. The temp isn't stable. We kind of got lucky. The second egg internally pipped but that's it. I think living in Florida helped. It's naturally warm and humid.

Thanks. Honestly when I saw it I didn't think we'd get any to hatch. The temp isn't stable. We kind of got lucky. The second egg internally pipped but that's it. I think living in Florida helped. It's naturally warm and humid.
Keeping the humidity up to help the one from shrink wrapping is important. they can take their sweet time to hatch so don't give up on it. Congrats on Petrie.

Got both plus my son's shirt she seems to have fallen for
Aww, now we need more pics. and i know you probably know this but lil children sometimes can mush a tiny ducking when holding them so be very careful to watch if you let you child hold the duckling, someone posted just this week about just that thing.

Back
Top Bottom