My first journey with a flock

LittleFlock458

In the Brooder
Jun 9, 2016
I have been a member for a bit. I am not much of a poster but I enjoy reading and learning. I joined this group before my wife and I got our first flock and I was hopeful that I could find just a little bit of info and I was blown away. The knowledge well is deep. So thank you to everyone for everything you share. It has made me comfortable and confident that I would be able to handle this adventure.

I just wanted to share a little of my story. It all started about a year ago when we were at our local agway and they were having chick days. My wife and I had been talking about chickens for a bit but that day sealed the deal.

I decided that I would build my own coop while we figured out what breed we would like. We knew we wanted 7. I personally liked the barred rocks. My wife was at a local farm and saw some Easter eggers. Let's just say it was love at first cluck and from that point on she knew Easter eggers were the chickens for her. So a little blood and sweat later the coop was complete and the girls were home. We got them in august and they were/are adorable

I can say without a doubt that we will be chicken owners for life.

So hear are a few picks of the team and their home

Lavern

Sherly

Bells

Pepper

Callie

Annie

Brows

Thank you so much for sharing. What a lovely little flock - clearly some very happy ladies. So glad that you and your wife are enjoying the chicken adventure.

Back
Top Bottom