My First Lockdown: Tues. November 2!

BasicallyHeather

Chirping
8 Years
Aug 4, 2011
Lowellville, Ohio
Eep! I am sooooo nervous... the kids and I only set three eggs in the LG for our very first try. One never developed, and so it got tossed. Another one made it to around day 12, but I haven't told the kids that yet
hmm.png
However, our only remaining egg looks right on target: proper size air sack, and temp and humidity right where they should be. Commencing lockdown tomorrow afternoon! I really, REALLY hope that this little one makes it!

fl.gif

did you toss that other one that appears to have only made it to day 12? sometimes they decieve you in appearance i havent tossed any of mine until i am 100% sure they wont hatch or if they start to smell. had one person think they had one develop a blood ring but it ended up hatching. good luck my lockdown is friday

Nope, I didn't toss it; I figured it wouldn't do any harm to let it be for a few more days and candle again after the other one hatches (hopefully). I have candled for the past three days and haven't seen any growth or movement from that egg whatsoever. But like you said, sometimes they deceive you! I'd rather be safe than sorry
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom