My first Orpington chicks and more

KKluckers

Time Out
12 Years
Sep 4, 2007
These are my first Orp chicks hatched out of eggs layed on the farm.
march08113.jpg

march08114.jpg

Some Ameraucana chicks from Pips&Peeps
march08116.jpg

march08118.jpg

Cochin chicks from Jamie Matts
march08120.jpg

So cute. I know your so happy. Are those cochins Bantam or Standard? They look partridge color.

Quote:
They are bantams. I hatched them out for Terracritters. She has just started working with the Partridge color.
Congrats, Chris! I remember my very first baby hatched from my own birds. Its a real milestone.

Its really exciting. I cant wait to actually take these little one to a show. Even though it will probably be not till next winter.
smile.png
Im going really nuts with these Orpingtons I have 40 More eggs in the Sportsman. I do have ALOT of people that live around me interested mainly for egg laying. They just cant get over the size and blue color we all love.​

Gurl, I'd be dangerous with a Sportsman. Well, what am I saying. My neighbors and friends have one and every extra egg on this place has been incubating in it. I sent 48 Orp eggs down their to hopefully get those 15 chicks shipped to you on the 21st. Plus RIR's and silkies. Just don't have many silkie eggs right now. I am taking another doz Buff O's down their this evening.

Your chicks are very cute and healthy looking. Just one comment on the Orps - I'm thinking that Buff Orps (I don't know about Blue) typically have white-ish pink legs. Maybe I'm wrong?

Your right on the buffs. The legs turn out white. Eyes gold. On the Splash Orps I always whitish gray legs. On the blues I get slatey blue.

I have my sportsman full to the brink lol. My husband says if I keep it that way he will sell it. He is saying it jokingly of course. I cant wait to get those little chicks Julie
smile.png
The Orp hens I have are laying up a storm and I have been setting every egg with great fertility. I've been telling them to keep it up so I can send you a bunch.

You still want white skin and legs on the Orps. Blues/blacks/splash will ahve a slate shank instead of white.

Back
Top Bottom