My first pullet eggs!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by NewToFarming, Oct 18, 2010.

1. NewToFarming

NewToFarming Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Millersburg, PA
    I have twenty 18 week old pullets so I have no idea who laid this monster today. I have andalusions, NN's, white & brown leghorns, welsummer & white rocks and two 6 month old Orp's. The egg on the left is the first egg I found from the little ones 2 days ago and the one on the right is a silkie egg. I could not believe one of the youngster laid this one as big as it is!!! I was expecting smaller eggs at first from the pullets for awhile. Whoever started laying, is starting out big!!
    The pullet eggs are white. Any guesses on which breed might have started out this big??? I am thinking it is probably one of the leghorns???

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 18, 2010
  2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I'd guess one of your white leghorns as well.

3. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Now thats a BIG egg! [​IMG]

4. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Bet it's a double-yolker!

5. NewToFarming

NewToFarming Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Millersburg, PA
    I was thinking it might be a double yolker too! [​IMG] I will have to let you know. I am hoping to be able to get up early so I can have it for breakfast tomorrow! [​IMG]

6. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

We had a HUGE one in the first coupla weeks, turned out to be a double. Only double we've gotten, but now we're getting eggs that size regularly... they're just big all around. How awesome is it that the store Large carton won't close properly. [​IMG]

7. chickenbottom

chickenbottom Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2008
    hollister, florida
    congrats on the eggs and my white leghorns lay big eggs like that so im pretty sure its a leghorn.

8. 3chimama

3chimama Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2010
    Pacific Northwest
    Ouch! ;D

9. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Congrats! I too say one of the white leghorns.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by