My first rooster crowed for the lst time...kind of a rant'

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by chickensioux, Sep 25, 2009.

1. chickensioux

chickensioux Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    I finally decided to keep a roo. For 6 years, everytime I get a roo, I rehome it because of my poopy neighbors. "Jasmin" turned out to be a roo so she/he is now Jazz Man. I just can't part with this one. There are no covenants, etc. to keep me from having a roo, I've just always rehomed them to spare the complaining from the neighbors. Not this time, they are so mean to me no matter what I do. So......wake up poopy neighbors, Jazz Man says " Morning".

2. bufforp89

bufforp89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2009
    Chenango Forks NY
    Ha Ha Ha I would have done the same thing. Thats why I love living in the country! I can have all the noisy, annoying animals that I want and no one can do a thing about it! Actually our neighbors put their house on the market ever since we got all the animals this spring......Wonder if that stems from the 7 roosters I had earlier this year?

3. ksct

ksct Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2009
    upstate, NY
    I CAN'T WAIT FOR MY ROO TO CROW.... 15 WEEKS AND STILL NOTHING! [​IMG] I LOVE MY ROO TOO! DEFINITELY CAN'T IMAGINE GETTING RID OF HIM.

4. chickensioux

chickensioux Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    It has broken my heart every time. Luckily I have always found great homes and can visit the last two I rehomed. This time, this one stays!!!!

5. the Old Rebel

the Old Rebel Rest in Peace -2011

May 12, 2007
    Hendersonville NC
    Yea Chickensioux!!!! Your neighbors need to lighten up anyway. A "Good Morning" from Jazz Man is just what they need.

Still HOPING that Jazz Man's twin over here is a HEN!!!! Haven't heard a "peep" out of him/her, but that could be because of Tsquared. Of course, Tsquared hasn't stopped BJ from crowing.

I'm glad you're keeping Jazz Man. A farm like yours NEEDS a good roo!!! It needs a peacock too..... but not Peabods.

Hope y'all have a GREAT evening!!!

6. Thortherooster

Thortherooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2009
    CA
    my 3 roo's crow from 4:30 to 6:30., i am one of like 3 nieghbors that have roo's and like 6 of us have chickens, i have not yet gotton a complaint aout roo's, just the dogs...i love my roos...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by