My Five Dollar Flower Bed

theoldchick

The Chicken Whisperer
Premium Feather Member
13 Years
May 11, 2010
Courtesy of Dollar General. Home of cheap stuff! A two dollar box of marigold seed, and a three dollar bag of black dirt.

From the other $5.00 flower bed

And a rose from a three dollar bush purchased from Lowes. I don't usually mess with roses but the Don Juan bush fell into my basket as I was passing by the discount shelf. It was basically a twig in a plastic bag.

Beautiful flowers and butterflies. LOVE seeing them. Now, can anyone contact Mother Nature and ask for spring to come soon (now would be good for me). I want to put some veggies out and try this new gardening thing. LOL

lovely. I buy my plants from a supermarket (I'm in England) and paid less than $2 for most of them, they are small but grow quite fast and were lovely this year despite the weather. However my poor chooks have suffered from a very muddy coop, any suggestions what I can put down? I could do chipped bark, wood shavings, would this work? They would soon work it into the mud so I would not be able to gather it up and replace.

Turned out nice.And now you will have seed FOREVER.

A few times I was able to snag plants from the LOWES garbage bin.They survived and thrived.

Your flower garden is just beautiful. I scatter marigolds in my vegetable beds for color and to attract bees. I love marigolds. Yours are gorgeous!

Back
Top Bottom