My flock always looks unhealthy

Protein percentage in the feed?
That's what I always think when feathers look like poo. A 20% feed is good for feather quality, although it depends where they are in their molt cycle for how soon you can expect results.
I cant quite find the exact percentage but I know its somewhere between 17%-20%

You can try giving them a higher protein feed. All Flock, Flock Maker, Flock Raiser, look for those labels (any brand) and 20% protein.

I give my chickens a bit (1 tablespoon/bird) of Calf Manna sprinkled on their feed during molting times, and I do feed Flock Maker.

You can try giving them a higher protein feed. All Flock, Flock Maker, Flock Raiser, look for those labels (any brand) and 20% protein.

I give my chickens a bit (1 tablespoon/bird) of Calf Manna sprinkled on their feed during molting times, and I do feed Flock Maker.
Ok thanks. I just want to mention that I am planning on renovating and making a new coop shortly, because this one was thrown together with wood scraps and things we already had. If anyone has any ideas on what I can include in a new design + what to do with the ducks because my chickens attack them and they attack the chickens

UPDATE!!: After separating the ducks for a month or two, giving the animals more free ranging time and enrichment, and using a new anti-peck they all have butt feathers!! and the ducks and chickens get along enough to share a space (they still have a slight hatred towards each other but can contain it 🤣 ) Thanks for all the great ideas!

great outcome. The one thing I was looking for was seasonal mite treatment. I didn’t hear if that was done. I use drench ivermectin, sulfur bag, and DE around the dust bath and coop.

Back
Top Bottom