My flock at 8 weeks (plus two days) Many Pix!

Reinbeau

The Teapot Underground
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
Mar 1, 2007
Hanson, MA & Lebanon, Maine
I haven't posted an update lately, so here it goes"

First the three Ameraucunas, first is Henny Penny, she's my scaredy-cat chicken who won't come near me - she's just started to eat a bit out of my fingers, but not my hand:

EE-8wk-henny.jpg

Here's Esmerelda, she was friendly as a chick, now she's a bit leery, although she will climb on my arm if there's a particularly enticing treat to be had:

EE-8wk-esmerelda.jpg

Then there's the unnamed one. Their names come to me, I've got a few that are still unnamed:

EE-8wk-unnamed.jpg

Next is Stumpy, my doomed Buff Orpington rooster. You can see why he is so named, they will not allow him to grow tailfeathers! I've got to catch him all the time and put Vicks on his butt, he doesn't like me much!
tongue.gif
He likes to sit in the window and watch what's going on outside:

stumpy-waterer.jpg

Next are the two Buff Orpington pullets. The smaller one is my Abigail, she's a sweetie, she's the one that loves to cuddle with me:

buffs-8wk-pullets.jpg

Here's a Barred Rock. I've got one named, her name is Vivian, my neice named her, but it isn't this one. I don't know how I tell them apart, but somehow I do:

BR-8wk.jpg

I've got questions on my Golden Laced Wyandottes, so I'm going to post them separately.

They look great... Very Pretty and Very Healthy looking!

I just brought home 2 Orph Buffs, 2 RIR & 2 Barred Rocks. All girls.

I've been calling them girls for now. I figured their names would come to me as we get use to one another.

I've always like Vivian... I might be able to name my girls names my husband wouldn't let me name the dogs... LOL!

I'll post mine when I get them in the finished coop/run... We have our hands full... We hve at least two more weekends of work until it will be ready.

Wish us luck!

Back
Top Bottom