My Flocks By RoostersAreAwesome!

RoostersAreAwesome

Enabler
6 Years
May 21, 2017
I have decided to make a thread for my flocks! These are my flocks:

Chesta's flock: Lupin (standard barred Cochin cockerel), Lil Chipmunk (OEGB cockerel), Chesta (OEGB/Japanese bantam/Leghorn/serama hen)

Hen flock: Olive (faverolle mix hen), Crystal (red Cochin hen), Pepper (orange laced black Cochin hen), Eagle Eye (light Brahma hen), Raspberry (Leghorn or Rhode island red hen), Rosey (OEGB/Japanese bantam/Leghorn hen), Rocket (OEGB/Japanese bantam/Leghorn hen), Dusty (mixed breed roo)

Rooster flock: Griffin (Olive's brother), Pumpkin (mixed breed roo), Frosty (mixed breed roo), Huckleberry (Rosey's brother), Finny (Rosey's brother)

NOTE: all my chickens are bantams, except Lupin. Griffin and Olive are medium sized.

Now for the pics!
IMG_20170531_201530408.jpg
Huckleberry (gray) and Finny (white)
IMG_20170530_161049352.jpg

Lupin (big one) and Lil Chipmunk (small one)
IMG_20170522_163048899.jpg
Lil Chick (RIP) she was killed by a skunk recently, she was 4 years old. :( Lil Chick was an OEGB/Leghorn mix.

I have an aggressive rooster, Griffin, who I have sorta trained to stop attacking me. I just have to keep chasing him and "pecking" him with my hand to remind him that I'm "top rooster".

I candled the eggs again, Chesta's first two eggs (#1 and #2) are infertile and I removed them. Egg #4 (another of Chesta's eggs) was missing. Egg #3 was infertile and I removed it. Chesta's other two eggs (#6 and #7) looked infertile but I decided to leave them just to be sure. Egg #5 and #8 looked like they had a dark mass in them, egg #8 was almost all dark inside. I also found a new egg in the nesting box that wasn't there before. When I candled it there was something in it, so I labeled it "New egg" and put it back under the broodies.

None of the eggs hatched. Only Crystal is still broody.

Eagle Eye seems to be back to normal, I haven't seen any more weird eggs and she laid a few normal eggs. But, she hasn't laid very many normal eggs.

Three of my roosters died, Little Chipmunk, Dusty, and Pumpkin. I think it was a combination of lice/mites and predators. :hit

Sorry to hear about Rocket, Dusty Little Chipmunk and Pumpkin. So sad for you. How do you like your two new ones? Do you keep them all in pins or do you let them run? You have some very pretty chickens.
I keep my chickens in three separate pens; Chesta's pen, the roosters' pen, and the hens' pen. I free range them on different days so they don't fight/over mate with each other.

Sorry for not updating this for so long. :oops:

Sadly, a few of my chickens have died due to unknown causes. :hitThese chickens are Chesta, Huckleberry, and Frosty. :( R.I.P.

I gave away four of my hens (Eagle Eye, Raspberry, Pepper, and Crystal) because I felt my coop was too small and they deserved better. Luckily, I have a close friend who needed some more pet laying hens. I have visited them multiple times, and they are settling in nicely. :)

Current flocks-

Griffin (faverolle mix roo), Domino (dominique cockerel), Finny (japanese bantam mix roo), and Lupin (cochin cockerel)

Ares (previously called Napoleon), Olive (faverolle mix hen), and Rosey (japanese bantam mix hen)

Back
Top Bottom