My foster DD's been granted a wish from Make-a-Wish...I'm clueless...

That is so awesome! I really hope she beats this thing! Give her a big hug for me! Anyway, when I was about five all I cared about was animals, so a lot of my dreams would have had to do with that, but I tried to think of some other things. Disney World is always fun for kids, and you could watch some Disney movies beforehand to get her excited for it. I don't know what, if any, the limitations are, but when I was about that age my family went to Cancun and I have great memories from that trip. It is so beautiful, and I specifically remember getting to hold an iguana in the street and thinking it was so cool. Otherwise I think a trip to the Rockies or the Grand Canyon would be pretty neat. Those are just amazing places, although maybe not for a five year old. Maybe even just sending her to one of those summer camps for children with similar medical issues would be nice. Also about the girly stuff, tea parties are really fun, and usually involve dressing up in pretty dresses. I went to a bday party like this when I was younger and it was a lot of fun! Just some ideas, although hopefully she can help you out more than any of us so that she really gets what she wants!

you are so special to for being a foster parent, we used to live near Disneyworld in Orlando, Fla, and for a child i don't think it can be beat,they have almost anything a little princess would wish for.
hugs.gif

My daughter was born with a complicated heart defect, has had two surgeries before we adopted her at 16 months. She will require 2-3 more heart surgeries before she is full grown, and then we are not sure long term, since kids didn't survive this birth defect 20 years ago. She also has congenital scoliosis and last June, at 3 years old she had a stroke. She is still recovering, and will be for quite some time.

I am on several yahoo groups relating to her diagnosis'. Many of the other families have been granted wishes on these lists and the topic has come up several times. Disney is a big one and they have things all set up with Disney. They get the royalty treatment and would probably be perfect for a 6 year old.

My daughter is now 4 and is walking and talking again, but her left side is affected, her arm is weaker and her leg is also weaker and has a lot of tone. She has to wear AFO's (braces) on both feet. She uses a walker for longer distances or where the ground is uneven since her balance is very poor. I want to wait to get her a wish granted, so that she can physically handle something like a Disney trip and so she will remember it.

My daughter is very smart and has an amazing will to live. She is my hero and such an inspiration! I truly believe she was put on this earth for great things!!

Disney may not be very 'original' but it is most every kids dream. There's nothing, I mean nothing to compare to the Florida Disney Resort.

It is really a world unto itself where you can forget about the 'real' world and it's troubles and just be a kid for a while (even us grownups)

And, seeing the face of a kid light up when they see Mickey or Cinderella is magic.

Disney world for sure, make sure they include Busch Gardens and Sea World. Those are all in the same area and I am sure they can put you up in Cinderelas Castle. That is the newest add on TV now. I have a 5 yr old boy that knows we are going in 2010 and he is exstatic. Go online and go to disneyworld.com and you can see everything!!! Show her the different sites and the maps and I bet she will be HOOKED!!! You and your family are in our prayers that she will go into remission for good!! Good Luck and I hope it all works out great!! Jenn

JackieandFaith.jpg

Here's a picture of Jackie and Faith - they wear the same size clothes and they love dressing alike. They've become the best of friends and they're so cute together!

Last edited:
God bless you for taking in a foster child, first off. Second, God bless her little heart for being so brave and strong. I'm nearly in tears over here and I don't cry. Period.

Forget Disneyland! Take that child to Disneyworld! I went for my 10th birthday and it was absolutely amazing. I want to go back. My cousins go at least once a year and it seems they're always adding new things. I think that's one vacation she'll never forget.

Oh, Seaworld and Busch Gardens was pretty great too.
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Good for you for caring for such a special child. if she is into sesame street you could do Sesame Place and she can meet Elmo and Big Bird and all the cast.

Well, I don't really know what she likes, but a kid in my school is recovering from a brain tumor as well, and the make-a-wish foundation gave him a full size rodeo arena with chutes and everything. I think it's amazing what they do for kids. It's so fun. I also heard of a kid who met a baseball team and was able to spend the day at the stadium with the whole team.
Anyway, good luck, and have fun
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom