My friend keeps her chicken inside and it poos everywhere!

Pics
As someone else replied how good of a friend is she? Sometimes the hardest thing we have to do is be really honest with them. Beating around the bush is just that. Maybe it’s time to get real with her if you value what you have. I’m sure the husband and daughter would appreciate the help of an another adult stepping up.

Isn't that why pregnant women shouldn't clean litter boxes? I vaguely remember that from when I was pregnant like 20 years ago.
Yes, the infection can pass through the placenta to infect the baby, and causes brain damage in newborns.

A very large number of adults have latent, asymptomatic toxoplasmosis. There is a theory that the "crazy cat lady" stereotype is a real medical condition, given that toxoplasmosis can cause mental illness.

2032.jpg

I’ve stepped in it under my chair. My husband picked up what he thought was cardboard… nope, chicken poop. She lets it roam the house, no diaper, and although she tries to clean it up immediately, she often doesn’t. I had to ask her to pick up a big old dried up chicken poop on her carpet where I was sitting.

I love this chicken. She’s hilarious. Her eggs are lovely, her clucks are lovely. But her vent feathers are always covered in poop. She climbs on the coffee table and eats out of dishes if she gets the opportunity.

She won’t diaper, she won’t confine the chicken. I’m grossed out, worried about disease, and upset that her husband hates having the chicken indoors and she just doesn’t seem to care.

My friend is so lovely, but I think I’m not going to go over to her house as long as the chicken is inside. I just can’t get over the grossness of chicken poop being left on the floor, or being on the floor ever.

What am I missing here?
Yes that is very disgusting for sure.

Chickens inside need a diaper or a specific towel or sheet they must stay on. I know people who enjoy holding their chickens but they use a towel or chicken pad to keep things
Clean.

Maybe explain to your friend that animal fences are unhealthy in ones home.

reviving old post.... my granny would let no animals into the house... ever. She even made us all wash up outside before going in.( farm life🙃) Over the years I have come to see that it is an excellent way to maintain home hygene, but I say "to each, his own" in the end. And yes, we were only allowed to eat at the table and go straight to the bthrm to wash up before and after eating.(no sticky/greasy yucky surfaces)

Back
Top Bottom