My friend needs some Medical help?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Ol'FashionHen, Dec 29, 2008.

  1. Ol'FashionHen

    Ol'FashionHen Songster

    Oct 24, 2008
    The South
    There is a lady at our church who is adopted, and has a 9 year old daughter that is having terrible pains in her arms and legs (at night mostly) and she is unable to get a good nights rest. She has taken her daughter to a few different specialist including neurologist, endocrinologist, bone specialist etc. they all tell her the same thing with no medical history from her biological parents they are unable to diagnose her daughter they have no idea what is wrong with her, this poor child has been through numberous of tests and they currently have her on medication for restless leg syndrome... it's not helping her. She has filed all the correct paperwork requesting names or any info. of her biological parents, the state has 6 months to release these papers and she has been waiting 14 months. She has even made a trip to our state capital requesting info.....nothing. Her daughters name is Hope and she continually asks for prayers at church for Hope and to find health history of her biological parents. She is not interested in knowing her biological parents they may not even be alive she knows the age of her bio- parents , her bio mother would be in her 70's and father would be around 80. If anyone has any kind of experience with her symptoms will you please share with me and for those who pray please lift these folks up in your prayers.

  2. skirbo

    skirbo Songster

    Jul 18, 2008
    Walton County, NW FL
    She needs to contact her senators and representatives, though she may not actually find out anything useful. Can't help with the symptoms though.

    Best of luck to her,
  3. Wifezilla

    Wifezilla Positively Ducky

    Oct 2, 2008
    Chronic pain can be a symptom of vitamin D or essential fatty acid deficiency. Can she get her D levels checked? Also, fish oil (Carlson's lemon flavored) is great for kids and, at worst, will do absolutely no harm.
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2008
  4. agnes_day

    agnes_day Songster

    Aug 29, 2008
    sounds like growing pains to me...all of my kids got them around that age, and it was very painful...have her give the girl some tylenol and a heating pad before bedtime and see if that helps [​IMG] [​IMG]

  5. Poohbear

    Poohbear On a Time Out

    Nov 12, 2008
    Google "Fibromyalgia" on your computer. It has symtoms like these and is Chronic pain. Doctors quickly use the "Restless leg syndrome" when they don't have a diagnosis. Might eat more bananas to help. A lacking in some nutrient of the body I have been told. Some doctors are just not current on chronic pain.
  6. bheila

    bheila Songster

    Feb 8, 2008
    Kent, Wa
    Quote:This is what I was thinking. My son never got them but my daughter gets them really bad in her legs. It's always in the middle of the night, no other time. I just go and massage he legs for her until she calms down. It's very painful most of the time. But there really isn't that much you can do for them. Just try to comfort her and like I said I massage the pain. Hope this helps.
  7. agnes_day

    agnes_day Songster

    Aug 29, 2008
    a hot bath also helps growing pains, and can calm a child down really quick.

  8. Chef

    Chef Chicken Connoisseur

    Dec 16, 2008
    I myself remeber as a child having excrutiating growing pains. They would actually bring me to tears. I remeber my aunt laying me on the floor and elevating my legs on a chair or anything elevated and putting really warm towels over them. I can say that it didn't make it go away but I think the pampering helped take my mind off the pain. It will eventually go away. I say tylanol or a strong ibprophin and elevate the legs with real warm towels around them. Hey maybe even a hot bath. Well it's worth a try. Hope she gets better soon.

    P.S. massage massage massage!

  9. bheila

    bheila Songster

    Feb 8, 2008
    Kent, Wa
    My daughter started getting her growing pains when she was 4 and she is almost 6 now. She is in Kindergarten and as tall as a Second grader thanks to her dads height. Who knows how long these pains will last.

  10. vicki2x2

    vicki2x2 Super Chick

    Feb 9, 2008
    Central Michigan
    I agree, they do sound like growing pains, but I am not a Dr. I would also contact a Senator or Congressman, they can get results when no one else can. I would also try other Dr.'s as sometimes you just need to find one who is willing to keep digging instead of one who is looking for the obvious answer. Maybe also a geneticist.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by