My Friendly Birds

ddcoyne

Chirping
8 Years
Apr 5, 2011
Covington
I love my chickens. I used to think that, when I was old, I was going to be the crazy cat lady. I have now decided I will be the crazy chicken lady. lol

I go out to the coop each day with treats. All 15 of the chickens in the coop come running because they know I bring yummy food. Many will jump into my lap to get a better chance at the snacks. However, I have a few that will stay in my lap after the food is gone. One is our friendly little roo.

Here he is roosting on my hand/lap:
087.jpg

I really hope he stays so friendly, because I like him very much and would feel terrible if I had to cook him. I don't think I could, actually. I think he'll grow up to be very handsome.

Then, I have a very special little bird, Diana, who thinks I'm a pirate and that she's my parrot. There is never a time that I enter the coop that she does not hop up on my shoulder and perch/roost for at least 10 minutes, usually longer. And I'm proud to say, she has never pooped on me! lol
091.jpg

We named her Diana because, from a very young age she would hunt insects. Diana, goddess of the hunt, proved to be an appropriate name. And I think it suits her because she seems so dainty compared to the rest of her flock. She is smaller, svelte and graceful (as graceful as a chicken can be, I suppose).

These birds make me happy.

OMG, I thought the SAME thing! (Except I was going to be the crazy dog lady.) But I wanted chickens for years and finally broke down and got some- and now I am TOTALLY ADDICTED!!!!

I just got mine they are 7 weeks old. Siler laced brahmas, How did you tame yours. I go out every day and sit with them, they come close now but I have to catch them if I want to hold them. I just got them last week.

Back
Top Bottom