My Friends Are Sick Of Chicken Pix

I love your flock. Keep posting pictures. I will never get tired! Welcome to BYC. It's great to have you here.
Thank you!!! I'm happy to be here. I love these chickens. I love seeing everyone's pictures and stories, and ESPECIALLY the vast amounts of helpful info on coops, runs, common medical issues, the uncommon... This place is a wealth of knowledge.

Good morning from four teenagers who hate me, but I love them so much. View attachment 2437702
This is what I always see in chickens.

The babies- Most are attention monsters that want me to notice them.

The babies that are old enough to live in the coop- They all hate me suddenly, sometimes one or two might like me though.

4-Month-olds (egg time)- They start to beg for treats and become spoiled. I give them apple slices, scrambled eggs, and lettuce to them by hand and they start to love me again. Eventually allowing me to pet them and pick them up as long as I am holding a treat until they just want attention after a few weeks of handling.

Winter- Cabban Fever and they flipping hate me again.

Spring- Time to start over with most of them again and build up their trust.

Over the fricken MOON this morning, during free range time Bar became a lap chicken, for the first time ever, completely of her own accord!!!!! And she let me pet her!!! Oh my GAWD!!!!!!

(Edited, badly, for no face because it was extremely unflattering. My partner does not understand angles and the human face.)
signal-2020-12-06-082711__01.jpg

Watched the big girls square up with the winter song birds. Bar chased a cardinal out of the yard. They can't fly very high or far, but she defended the heck out of the territory.
Does anyone else's birds pick fights with wild birds?

Back
Top Bottom