My friend's family may lose their home.

Quote:
Oh ok, that explains it.............

Heck I dont know what else she could do except to go back to her previous buyers of her paintings and see if they would be willing to buy some.

I liked a number of her pieces, but it's a tough market for artists right now. Some of her big pieces would show well in the gallery setting, but be pretty intense/imposing in the home. We have bought quite a few pieces of art through the years (a neat metal sculpture this fall), but due to the economy we are feeling pretty pinched. My brother is an interior designer at a bath/kitchen company and is feeling the market's impact in a major way as well. His clientelle is the same group of people who would be purchasers of large pieces of art. One method to help counter this issue is to create smaller, more affordable works that would be more marketable. That way if someone can't afford one of her big pieces (monetarily or wall space wise) they may be able to still buy something of hers.

Marketing her new work to previous clients is also a great idea.

Quote:
Actually, that is abstract art and not really considered "gorey".

Maybe she can get the newspaper where she lives to do a small story about her artwork and maybe that will generate some buyers. She can also try Etsy.

I hope the best for her and that it all works out.

Honestly, I do not care for her style. She might do better painting commissions, especially for former clients. Or market them directly to a gallery, asking for the amount necessary to stave off foreclosure and selling whichever of her paintings they will take for that price.

Back
Top Bottom