My girl had her second crop surgery yesterday.

MarieNC

Songster
9 Years
May 10, 2010
This time her crop was resected to make it smaller, since it had gotten so big and wasn't returning to normal size from surgery #1. She also has a feeding tube in to give the crop a break and to make sure she is getting proper nutrition and hydration. And she has a bandage on top of that. I feel so bad for my Cornelia Marie; she must be miserable with that bandage on. She absolutely would not tolerate a crop bra; she wouldn't eat, drink or poop. She has really been through it in the last couple of months dealing with this crop issue. She is at the vet so they can check her weight and hydration levels. She will stay there several days. The vet says he has never done a resection on a chicken that large before, so they're keeping a close eye on her. He also says he has never treated a chicken with so much personality - that's my girl! So I'm just asking for some good thoughts for Cornelia from all you chicken peeps!

hugs.gif
sending hugs her way for a speedy recovery!!
btw: i love her name!!!

Aw, I hope she recovers soon.
Good for you for taking your girl to the vet.
hugs.gif

Love the name as well. Deadliest Catch/Phil Harris fan?

Quote:
Yes! We are huge Deadliest Catch fans and the CM is our favorite fishing vessel. We just got a kick out of Captain Phil!

Talked to the vet a little while ago and she is laying with her head down, "angry" over the bandage. They needed to put in a different feeding tube b/c the one they put in kept getting clogged. My poor little sweetie.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom