My girl has the runs!

retiredbeba

Chirping
5 Years
Feb 2, 2017
For several weeks, my girl has had the runs. We feed a 16% protein feed, and they get to free range about 4 - 5 hrs. a day. She seems to feel fine, but her poop is like water with grass mixed in. Any suggestions as to what I can do to fix her up? Thanks!

For several weeks, my girl has had the runs. We feed a 16% protein feed, and they get to free range about 4 - 5 hrs. a day. She seems to feel fine, but her poop is like water with grass mixed in. Any suggestions as to what I can do to fix her up? Thanks!

Well I have a WET MASH PROBIOTIC RECIPE for all the chickens.
It will help the sick chicken
WET MASH PROBIOTIC RECIPE
each chicken
3 tbsp. of dry mash
1/4 tsp of flax seed meal (Himan kind0
1/4 cup yoguart plain kind
6 tbsp. of milk any kind
3 tsp of APPLE CIDER VINEGAR (unprocessed ACV)
add 1 vitamn E 400 mg (cut end of capsule and add to wet mash)
add 1 Selenium tablet (take and cruash tablet in tbsp. and add drop of water to dissolve)
add 1 Vit B Complex tablet ( crush tablet in tbsp. and add drop of waterm add to wet mash)
mix good and feed with vitamins for three days then take away vitamins and feed only wet mash recipe for rest of week.
then feed the wet mash probiotic recipe twice week for life
adding vitamins once a month

Well I have a WET MASH PROBIOTIC RECIPE for all the chickens.
It will help the sick chicken
WET MASH PROBIOTIC RECIPE
each chicken
3 tbsp. of dry mash
1/4 tsp of flax seed meal (Himan kind0
1/4 cup yoguart plain kind
6 tbsp. of milk any kind
3 tsp of APPLE CIDER VINEGAR (unprocessed ACV)
add 1 vitamn E 400 mg (cut end of capsule and add to wet mash)
add 1 Selenium tablet (take and cruash tablet in tbsp. and add drop of water to dissolve)
add 1 Vit B Complex tablet ( crush tablet in tbsp. and add drop of waterm add to wet mash)
mix good and feed with vitamins for three days then take away vitamins and feed only wet mash recipe for rest of week.
then feed the wet mash probiotic recipe twice week for life
adding vitamins once a month
Thank you so much for your help. I will sure give this a try!!

Has it been hot in your area? If the birds are drinking a lot due to heat that could be the cause.
Yes, it has been hot. It has cooled off the last few days though, but still gets pretty warm by afternoon. The recipe seems to be for 1 chicken, right? I have 6 so I should probably feed it to all of them. Do I need to feed each one separately? Sounds like a lot of trouble.

Yes, it has been hot. It has cooled off the last few days though, but still gets pretty warm by afternoon. The recipe seems to be for 1 chicken, right? I have 6 so I should probably feed it to all of them. Do I lkneed to feed each one separately? Sounds like a lot of trouble.

You might cut out the milk, birds are unable to digest dairy products. Personally I'd just give them fermented feed and leave it at that. All that other stuff really isn't necessary.

Back
Top Bottom