My Girls and their Web-Footed Friend eating their Favorite Treat (Vid)

Pet Duck Boy

Songster
10 Years
Dec 12, 2009
Orlando, FL
Feeder insects! (If my roach idea caught your interest, see the vid to see how much my girls love me for it)
D.gif

What more can a chicken (and a duck) want for their late afternoon snack? No wonder my eggs taste so good.
tongue.png

It's also funny how loud they complain after they find out I have no more. You can almost make out the word as they groan, it sounds like "Moooorrrrrrreeee!".

wink.png

Oh, and not for the squeamish!

Your birds are beautiful and healthy looking! Thought there was going to be some eye poking and hair pulling between your 2 reds.
smile.png

LOVE the end where the duck bills the camera-that was great!
big_smile.png

Quote:
They sure are, lol. They weren't fighting eachother, but were actually pulling the roaches out from each others mouths.
lol.png

I actually raise the roaches for mainly my reptiles. (2 Bearded dragons, 4 leopard geckos) Also some other predatory insects I keep. The starter colony cost me a pretty penny, and some patience, but now I have an absolutely free protein treat for the girls. They get the surplus males, which just take up space in the colony.

Oh my gosh Pet Duck Boy, I almost got sick, We lived in Fl all our lives born there, I HATE roaches, are these the same as the flying ones that normally live in FL. Gross, I'm glad your chickens like them but it was too much for me.

Quote:
They are VERY easy to care for, but might require just a tad more time than mealworms.

@Miss Lydia - Haha, I know what you mean. The palmetto bugs around here creep me out, they run too fast for me, are spiny, and fly. These are NOT the same and are an exotic feeder from South America. They do not climb, fly, bite, nor run fast at all.

Back
Top Bottom