My girls say "YES WE CAN!"

FloridaChickenChick

Songster
11 Years
May 23, 2008
Lake County, Florida
My husband walked in this morning and said very seriously, "You'd better go look in the coop." I dropped everything and ran because the way he sounded I was convinced there were half a dozen dead birds in there...but instead, I found the prettiest little brown egg I've ever seen.

That it should happen this morning, of all mornings, just brings me the deepest joy.

big_smile.png
Congratulations! I tell mine every morning think eggs..Cant wait to get my first one.

9 chickens, 3 days, 3 gorgeous eggs...each one a tad larger...I think she's getting the hang of it! I can't wait to figure out who it is!

I'm proud of ALL of my girls, though. Still can't believe they're all grown up! And Lynne, I'm ready for more! I have friends who are lined up. :) They've saved their egg cartons for me, so I guess I gotta share!

Congrats! That sounds like my hubby. He never goes to the coop and went to shut the door and found a baby egg in the run...it must have fell out of her and she didn't know what to do. He didn't tell me just to go take a look! I still have that egg. It is the smallest one I ever got!! I'm sure it's all white and no yolk but I'll never know!

OMG, I'm so glad you still have it.

I thought I might be crazy. I had my daughter take pictures of this one and I'm carrying the egg in my purse wrapped in several layers of paper towels and in a zip lock baggie. I have shown it to anyone who makes the mistake of acknowledging my presence.

:)

Yep...the crazy chicken lady...they fear me in the post office...

Back
Top Bottom