My Girls won't come out of the Hen House

Summer Rose

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jul 29, 2012
Hi, Ummm perhaps I shouldn't be feeding them in the Coup? I have their food, water and hanging Greens in their
coup. I leave the door open all day and they only come out every now and then and only four or five feet from the
door. Am I treating them to good? I wanted to have free range eggs, lots of peeps are waiting for me to put them
out for sale. This is nuts LOL My hens are actually Pullets, between 4mos. & 8 mos. old. Anyone else run into this
problem, help is appreciated.

I keep food and water in my coop but they must come out to get their treats. They were timid at first but now they come charging out as soon as I open the pop door for their goodies. It is like a little parade down the ramp with the impatient ones flying down instead of waiting their turn. Try luring the with a treat and move further from the coop each time.

I have an Idea, Are they lying eggs yet? if they are, I know the problem....my Hens dont come out of the coop because they like to sit on the eggs (they think there going to hatch
jumpy.gif
)
I really hope this helps,

I wish, nope they are not laying yet. I am looking for the eggs every morning though! Thanks

Hi, Guess it was their age as to why they would not come out of the Coup...they come out and go all over the place now
They also come up to me for treats and follow me when they think that I have them!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom