My GLW came through!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by rolffamily, Oct 31, 2010.

1. rolffamily

rolffamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2010
    Wisconsin
    27 weeks, one day and I became an official egg mother 2 hours ago. I don't know how to post pics though.
    She was under a big evergreen when I heard her and the rooster squawking like geese. After about 5 minutes of rukus there it was.
    Of course they will be confined now. I wonder how many other eggs are out there. I have 4 hens.

2. Toast n Jelly

Toast n Jelly Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2007
    St.Charles, QC
    Congrats! Was it a good size egg ?

3. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

[​IMG] Yay for your GLW!!! My glw lays a small-medium sized egg (at least compared to my other girls) that is quite pretty. All their eggs started small, but while the others' eggs grew larger as the weeks passed, hers stayed fairly small. Nothing like that first egg....
    Oh...and there should be a tab in the "Learning Center" (along the top) that tells how to post pics. You have to upload them to BYC first, then you can copy them to posts...

4. rolffamily

rolffamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2010
    Wisconsin
    It was a small, perfect light brown egg. And not even an hour later one of the other girls slipped into the same spot and laid hers. They both wiggled around and worked their way into the leaves. I don't think they will be happy with my nesting boxes. They are kind of low and cramped. We'll see I guess.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by