My Goats First Kidding

Hey that was a great story
i have only just got some mini goats i have a pair of 8 months boy an girl and yesterday i got another pair but they are cameroon , boy an girl 2years ols
as soon as i let them onto the gardenn he was mounting her !!!!!! bit scarey as i hadnt thought that far ahead

I would like to put them all together will they be ok???

all that i have read is not always like hetting it from owners do you have to be there evry time they birth to clean the babies????

Can you? Well, yes. SHOULD you run the bucks and does together all the time? Absolutely not! I don't know what breeds you have, but if you run them together, the bucks will breed the does whenever they can. Too young or too small? They will breed them. Just had kids? They will breed them. It's very hard on a doe to have more than one kidding per year.
Also, the bucks will continue to harass the does, and will harass the kids sometimes. If you plan to milk the does, you may contaminate the milk and make it taste bucky if they run together all the time.

As for being there, no you don't have to. I like to be in case something goes wrong and make sure their nose and mouth is cleaned asap, but there have been lots of goat babies born without a human present.

One week old today!

Back
Top Bottom