My Golden Cascade Ducks

Krazyquilts

Songster
Aug 2, 2016
Geneva, Ohio (northeast of Cleveland)
I would like to introduce you to Handsome Henry the Golden Cascade drake!

Henry was born in 2016 and and is a show quality Golden Cascade drake purchased from the Holderread Farm for my birthday. He is of the "Rich Bronze" coloration (as opposed to "Satin Green").
He arrived yesterday morning. Two Golden Cascade females will be joining him next week. :celebrate

If you want to read more about Henry, I wrote a blog post about him on my blog Mutual Weirdness Farm which includes more pics and a video.

If you want even more pics, here's the Google drive folder of the whole photo shoot my husband did of Henry last night.

Yeah. Definitely not breed standard.
1f615.png
When we have our farm, I want to breed rare breed ducks but Welshie won't be a part of any WH breeding program because of that. She's still pretty though and she's been laying an egg a day for a month straight! I still am in awe over duck eggs!

I'm out in the duck pen right now, letting Henry interact with the girls. (Still only when supervised.) Took a video that I will post after I get it uploaded, but for now, here's a picture of Henry shaking his @$$ - I mean Tail whoops - at one of the Buffs.

If you're talking neon green poop he could be dehydrated or possibly starved but he seems to be acting pretty normal which is a good sign. Cute video! He reminded me of a tight rope walker falling if the rope when he fell in the pool!

Right now He's taking his third bath since I've been sitting with them - good ducky behavior so I'm pleased to see that.

No green poops today that I could find - hurray!

He ate all two dozen of his live goldfish today so at least he's eating those. The girls were disappointed that he didn't leave any for them to "clean up" lol. I tossed some kale microgreens and mealworms in the pool hoping that being with the girls would stimulate him to eat and he did eat some mealworms so that's good too. He's been drinking like a duck the whole time so he definitely not dehydrated now lol.

Just before I came back on, I added some nutri-drench and ACV to the small waterer in his house that I put in there last night. Should have thought adding that stuff to it last night too, but oh well.

Overall I'm pretty pleased with how he's doing, considering how many new things there are here.

Back
Top Bottom