My Good Deed for the Day with pictures Update page 5.

Wow... that's all I can think to say... wow....

My most brave rescue was a wombler the cat dragged home. That is one beautiful creature... and I hope it heals and gets to go free again.

What a great experience. That is a beautiful owl, and I bet not too many people have a picture like that to show around! I am glad that you found it, were able (and kind enough) to free it and know someone who is willing to help get it back where it belongs!

thumbsup.gif

Quote:
What is a wombler? I have never heard the term before.

Apparently there are two kinds--I'm assuming you're referring to the Australia not the US urban one.

Quote:
Wow, a doppleganger. Actually my grandmother on my dad's side had a brother that lived in Colorado if that's where your Uncle Levi lives.

Now I wanna see pics of Uncle Levi so we can compare!
clap.gif

Excellent rescue job. I rescued a redtail hawk as a kid ... she had been shot with a bbq'd gun and her wing was injured. I grabbed her barehanded and took her home on horseback. Once she was patched up and released ... she would not leave. But she never bothered a single chicken. I had her for years and she slept in a oak tree...animals know when you are trying to help them.

Beautiful barred owl.

Back
Top Bottom