009.jpg
    561.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    639.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 6
Yesterday, I went to a vet thinking that the vet would properly clean the lacerations and give my baby gander antibiotics instead I’ve to make a choice either to kill it or fix it’s broken elbow. To fix the broken elbow cost a lot of money, and I decided for them to clean the wound. The vet didn’t even want to do that she persistently telling me that I need to fix his broken elbow. So I told the vet that in that case I’ll bring my gander home and nurse his wound. She threatened me by saying that she will have to sign a release form and that animal control will have to come to my farm to check on this gander daily. So I decided to put him down though he wasn’t at his death bed coz that was the other choice that they gave me.

I felt like am sending my gander to die at that vet clinic instead of healing it’s open wound. If I knew that I’ve to make such a decision and cannot bring my gander home without being threatened by a vet. I will not do it, no wonder I felt so uncomfortable going to that vet clinic.

I like to advice that before anyone send any of their farm animals to the vet think of this.

I believed that no pet owner should be threatened or cornered by a vet when he or she decided to bring their pet home coz the vet doesn’t want to treat any part of your pet wound.

That vet had no right to keep your gander. I am very sorry this happened. And sorry for your loss. Was the wound life threatening?
No the wound don’t seem like it coz I’ve already flushed it with water and hydrogen peroxide when he got bitten and put hydrogel vetricyn.. but I was concerned of internal stuff so I thought of just wanted the vet to clean it properly and prescribe antibiotics coz am not sure of what type to give my goose. And the elbow didn’t seem broken but she said it might be broken.. he did flap his wings but wasn’t like normal and the bottom part kind of droopy.. in my heart the gander was healthy, his vital signs was great for a goose to be bitten by the raccoon.

I really disappointed, I should have trusted my own instinct and probably wait it out. Made me sad when I think about it.. and this vet was recommended by my bunny vet, this vet wasn’t my personal vet.

Back
Top Bottom