My gosling was laying with its leg backwards behind it as she laid down

I blame
LOL!!! So happy you got the reference! I looked up how the best way to get your goslings to inprint on you. One of my books said talk to them a lot. Well for the first 4 weeks of there lives. I read the entire Game of thrones series to them! Lol

I blame you for that. You're being reckless naming a goose after a Lannister.

Chirping​

LOL!!! So happy you got the reference! I looked up how the best way to get your goslings to inprint on you. One of my books said talk to them a lot. Well for the first 4 weeks of there lives. I read the entire Game of thrones series to them! Lol
Ahh Harry Potter it is then!
It's really not a bad idea. Reading to them. Plus you can pick up some really funny moments with them. I would always do voice changes when I got to a different character. Plus added tone according to what was happening in the book. The best memory I made with them during this was then I got to the part were Neds head got chopped off. My goslings who were already paying attention. Flapped there wings and screamed! It was so funny! I know they had no idea what was going on in the book, I think they just picked up on my energy. Still super funny tho

Screenshot_20201113_215159_com.facebook.katana.jpg

We stop in at a yard sale each week. I noticed that they had geese. I hadn't really been around geese before and noticed that one of the geese was standing on one leg. I thought it was really nice that the owners took in a handicapped bird. After we got our own geese (siblings of the yard sale geese), I noticed that ours like to tuck one leg up under their wing and look like they are handicapped also, lol.
Ron

We stop in at a yard sale each week. I noticed that they had geese. I hadn't really been around geese before and noticed that one of the geese was standing on one leg. I thought it was really nice that the owners took in a handicapped bird. After we got our own geese (siblings of the yard sale geese), I noticed that ours like to tuck one leg up under their wing and look like they are handicapped also, lol.
Ron

Don't worry, it's perfectly normal for young goslings to lie with one or both legs stretched out behind them. I've never seen older goslings or grown geese do it, but all my goslings have occasionally done it. They look so odd and cute - and so relaxed.
My gosling hatched saterday. And from day 1 has had its legs behind him and not attempted to stand what can I do

Has your gosling started eating and drinking? What are you feeding? Since it hatched Sat check and make sure belly is good and healed where yolk was attached if good place gosling in some nice warm water and see if he can move his legs at all. Stay right with him you don’t want him launching himself out of the sink. Once you have seen if it can use its legs while floating then post back. Also you may want to get started on some niacin which is for strong legs and muscles

Back
Top Bottom