My Grandfather " Bubba " asked me a Math ?, Can YOU help

Discussion in 'Games, Jokes, and Fun!' started by yankeedoodle300, Dec 4, 2011.

1. yankeedoodle300

yankeedoodle300 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2011
    Chicken Heaven
    " Bubba " Is like a total geinus, And is good friends with Bill Gates.

He Ask me the Question : There is a 100 Foot Centimeter Sphere with a Pipe running around it. When the Pipers come to conect the Pipe to the other ends, It is ten feet to long. How high do the risers have to be on the pipe to make ends meet?????

My Genius Uncle Gary Came up with " One and A Half Feet " , But thats not the answer, Acording to " Bubba " .

HELP ME!

2. ChickenPeep

ChickenPeep Faith & Feathers

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    Hmmmmm....... tricky..... [​IMG]

3. SuperChickenDude327

SuperChickenDude327 Chillin' With My Peeps

327! Just a guess, also my favourite number.

4. darkmatter

darkmatter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2009
    Quote:Restate the question. Is that 100 foot/centimeters the diameter of the Sphere, the circumference, or the radius? And if the Piper-fitters find the pipe ten feet too long they field engineer it by cutting it to size. What are the risers?
    You're using two different measurement units and improper Pipe-fitter terms, can't be answered with the available data.

5. yankeedoodle300

yankeedoodle300 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2011
    Chicken Heaven
    Quote:Restate the question. Is that 100 foot/centimeters the diameter of the Sphere, the circumference, or the radius? And if the Piper-fitters find the pipe ten feet too long they field engineer it by cutting it to size. What are the risers?
    You're using two different measurement units and improper Pipe-fitter terms, can't be answered with the available data.

The Circumfrence is 100 Feet AND i just said " Pipers " To make it a Practical term...... JUST ANSWER ME

6. Symphony

Symphony Vanilla, Little Airt Airt

The Circumfrence is 100 Feet AND i just said " Pipers " To make it a Practical term...... JUST ANSWER ME

10 feet...

7. HollyBird24

HollyBird24 Overrun With Chickens

Nov 10, 2011
    Manitoba, Canada

Its very hard to properly answer a math question when different units of measurement are used and the person asking the question has no idea what it means.

8. Symphony

Symphony Vanilla, Little Airt Airt

Quote:The Circumfrence is 100 Feet AND i just said " Pipers " To make it a Practical term...... JUST ANSWER ME

10 feet...

I have to ask my genius father, [​IMG]

9. DuckLover2399

DuckLover2399 Avian American

Jun 7, 2011
    Oklahoma

That was rude ..

10. In His Service

In His Service Wise Men Still Seek Him

Apr 25, 2010
    Catskills
    Quote:circumference=(pi) * diameter
    100 = (pi)d and 110 = (pi) * (d+x)
    so 110 = (pi)d + (pi)x
    110 = 100 + (pi)x
    10 = (pi)x
    10/(pi) = x
    3.18181818... = x,

x/2 = 1.59 ft approx so yeah, 1 1/2 feet is a pretty good estimate.....I guess you could figure in the diameter of the pipe, but since it is not given, must be considered negligible.

So if 1 1/2 feet is not the answer, what is the catch?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by