my hatch is due? nothing happening

Nchicks

In the Brooder
7 Years
Oct 17, 2012
hi there, first post here... been lurcking for the last few days for my chicks to hatch - just to let everyone know I am in the UK so it's a little bit cold but seems to be doing something.

here is my hatch in my incubator - they've been in there 21 days today. few days ago one started piping, and when i go in there.. one of the eggs are rolling around... so that's a good sign..

I've got 3 breeds in there here are my breed;

6 Australorp
6 Mixbreed Banthms
16 Leghorns.

They've been in there since the around the 20th of october..

but now is hatching day yet they're not really doing anything.. Can anyone help me? When I candeled them on Tuesday this week 99% of the eggs had a very dense area over them (I think this is the air bubble?) and you could not see through them..

thanks.

Last edited:
They don't always hatch right on hatch day. How big is the air pocket in the egg? Is it tipped at an angle? What is your humitity at? If its too low, they might shrink wrap and expire during hatch.

hi,

humity is at 37% (english weather).. they've been rocking, but now it seems to be that one has rotted through... it smells awful in there at the mo... (one egg only has rotted).

rotten egg is out of there.. humpity is slowly rising to 60% i'll show pictures IF they hatch.

some more pipping today.. got rid of 8 eggs that was not fertile to begin with... so thaqt got rid of another rotten smell.. all the others are so dense and you cannot see through them at all.. gottawait now.

just to give everyone an update it is now day 23... just pipping nothing else is happening...

I'm upset think they're dead :-(

Back
Top Bottom